TransportVác, located only 30 km from Budapest, is easily accessible by car, bus, train, boat and bicycle.
BUDAPEST – VÁC
Photo: Lajos Sándor
- From Budapest on the M2 motorway in the direction of Hont 25 minutes
- From Szob, you can reach Budapest by taking highway 12
If you are coming to the city from route 2, you have to turn left at the MOL well, and continue on the Budapest main road, you can comfortably park on Géza Király square or on the banks of the Danube. From here, it is easy to reach the Main Square with a few minutes walk.
Budapest City Gate by volán regular service 300 – 1 hour
From Budapest, buses run from Újpest-Városkapu by regular bus to Vác. From the Vác bus station it is a 5-minute walk to March 15th Square.
Volánbusz railway station:
- 2600 Vác, Szent István tér 4.
- On working days from 06:00 to 18:00;
- On free and public holidays 07:00-15:00
- Phone number: +36 (27) 304-554
- Budapest from Nyugati railway station to Vác/Szob. 25 minutes by zoning train, 40 minutes by passenger train
- It can be reached from Szob by trains to Budapest Nyugati railway station
Budapest The Nyugati railway station, you have to board the zoning train to Szob. After getting off the train, you have to walk in Széchenyi Street to March 15th Square (Main Square). Train journey time for zoning trains 25 minutes, then Vácott 10 minutes easy walk)
Vác Railway Station: 2600 Vác Széchenyi u 42.
MÁVDIREKT customer service: +36 (1) 3 49 49 49
- from Budapest on the Eurovelo6 international cycle path via Dunakeszi – Göd – Sződliget
- From Szob on the Eurovelo6 international cycle path via Zebegény – Nagymaros – Verőce
From Dunakeszi, the city can be reached from the south by a bicycle path running parallel to the Danube. From the north you can get to Vác from Szob via Zebegény-Nagymaros-Verőce. From the bicycle path, the downtown can be reached on Eszterházy Street, which starts at the ferry crossing.
- Budapest Vigadó square by Mahart hydrofoil, with the scheduled flight Vác – Visegrád – Esztergom
- From Esztergom by the mahart hydrofoil with regular Esztergom – Visegrád – Vác – Budapest flight
* The boat service runs from May to October.
- From Budapest to Vác from the 5 ports of the Vigadó Square Ship Station
Vác Boat Port: 2600 Vác, Liszt Ferenc promenade
Budapest – Visegrád
Visegrád – Budapest
Photo: Mahart Facebook
Vác -Tahitótfalu, Révstation
The ferry on the Danube between Vác and Tahitótfalu provides the crossing for both passenger and motor vehicle traffic.
|Tahitō Village||Vac||Tahitō Village||Vac|
The dates of the flights may differ from the schedule.
Mahart – Great Danube Timetable Excursion Boat
In the area of Vác, drivers can wait in the designated toll waiting areas and in the parking spaces established in the underground garage for a fee.
Operating time of the paying waiting areas in tariff zones 1 and 2:
- Monday – Friday 8:00 – 18:00
- Saturday 8:00 – 12:00
- free of charge on Sundays and public holidays
The underground garage is in continuous operation from 0 to 24 hours.
Attention! Entry to March 15th Square is PROHIBITED, except with permission!